Herniated Disc Treatment Omaha, NE
There are a variety of different herniated disc treatments, chiropractic is a great option because it is non-invasive and still very effective. Chiropractic herniated disc treatment is effective for short and long-term care. If you’re looking for herniated disc treatment in Omaha, contact Natural Life and we will get you started with our premier herniated disc treatment. Herniated discs are also known as bulging discs because the soft part of your spine intrudes out through its tough casing often times into a nerve compressing it causing pain.
Herniated Disc Symptoms
There are a variety of different symptoms of herniated discs. These symptoms range from minor pain and weakness to more severe pain and weakness. The most common symptoms of herniated discs are:
- Unexplained weakness of your muscles
- Pain after a short walk
- Pain extending through your arms and legs
- Aching, burning, or tingling sensation in the area of the herniated disc
- Pain that worsens at night or with specific movements
- Pain that gets worse from sitting or standing
- Pain or numbness that only affects one side of your body
Herniated Disc Causes
There are a number of different causes for disc bulging or herniation. Some of the most common causes are:
- Aging: Aging is one of the most common causes of bulging discs. As we age, our chance of becoming injured increases, the same true with your discs. As we age, our chances of herniating our discs increase as well
- Improper Twisting and Turning: Twisting and turning are both natural movements, but doing so overly aggressive can cause you to develop a herniated disc.
- Heavy Lifting: Lifting heavy has many health benefits. Unfortunately, it also comes with some risks, if you lift improperly or too heavy, you can develop a herniated disc
- Obesity: A herniated disc can develop from carrying around too much weight on your body without having the muscle mass to support it. This can cause increased strain on your spine and result in a herniated disc.
Herniated Disc Treatments
Depending on the nature of the bulging disc, there are different treatment, each treatment is designed to treat a herniated disc in a different way. Our herniated disc treatments include:
- Flexion-Distraction: Flexion-distraction involves the use of a specialized table designed to slowly and gently stretch out the spine.
- Manipulation Under Anesthesia: We use a special type of anesthesia known as twilight sleep to be able to stretch and manipulate the spine while the body is in a relaxed state.
- Pelvic Blocking Techniques: This treatment uses cushioned wedges that are placed on either side of the pelvis as well as using gentle stretches and exercise.
Contact Natural Life to Get Started On Your Premium Chiropractic Herniated Disc Treatment in The Omaha Area.